In order to provide you with the latest updates and information regarding COVID-19, we have created the following page within the AIA website. Our goal will be to keep this page up-to date with current State and County orders as well as any other important news and information related to the bail business. As always, you can still contact our team with any questions or comments at 800.935.2245.
Additionally, if you have new information which is not included on this site, please forward it to [email protected] and we will make sure it gets uploaded for others to see. Please stay vigilant and stay safe.
COVID-19 – General Information
- Amendments to the California Rules of Court
Adopted by the Judicial Council effective April 6, 2020.
- The Big List of COVID-19 Financial Assistance Programs for Small Businesses By State
A regularly updated list of financial assistance programs for small businesses hurt by the outbreak of COVID-19 sorted by state and county.
- List Of Corona Virus (COVID-19) Small Business Loan And Grant Programs
A list of federal, state and lender-specific support to pursue, which will be updated to include programs as they’re released and refined.
- The CARES Act Provides Assistance to Small Businesses
The Paycheck Protection Program is providing small businesses with the resources they need to maintain their payroll, hire back employees who may have been laid off, and cover applicable overhead.
- Local and State Government Assistance Programs for Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
A breakdown of the different assistance programs at a local and state level.
- Paycheck Protection Program Fact Sheet
Paycheck Protection Program(“PPP”)authorizes up to $349 billion in forgivable loans to small businesses to pay their employees during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Paycheck Protection Program Application
Paycheck protection program application form
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
An SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
- Current Stay at Home Orders
A map of current states and cities that have told people to stay home. They also list announcements and guide you to local coverage.
- Court Closures And Restrictions
A state by state list of court closures maintained by Law360.
- COVID-19 Interactive Map
An interactive map of where the virus has been reported and number of cases.
- COVID-19 Resources
A section of the CDC’s site providing useful information on COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Simulator
Simulations and information on why COVID-19 spreads so quickly and how to flatten the curve.
- COVID-19 Global Cases Map
Map of global cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.
- AIA Communication, 4.2.20
Paycheck Protection Program starts April 3, 2020.
- AIA Communication, 3.30.20
COVID-19 emergency loan resources for small businesses.
- AIA Communication, 3.26.20
How BailVision can help during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- AIA Communication, 3.24.20
An update of all states issuing full or partial public safety “Stay at Home” orders.
- AIA Communication, 3.23.20
Agent communication regarding the latest string of states and counties to issue public safety orders.
- AIA Communication, 3.20.20
Californians ordered to “Stay at Home,” AIA is open for business.
- AIA Communication, 3.13.20
AIA’s preparedness for the potential impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.
AIA State Specific Communications
- June 16, 2020, Update: Louisiana Governor signs House Bill No. 421
- June 12, 2020, Louisiana Governor expected to sign House Bill No. 421 which amends Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure relative to bail enforcement agents, continuing education requirements, and the discharge of bail obligations.
- April 13, 2020, This communication includes a Bulletin issued by the DOI in Louisiana regarding grace periods for premium payments during COVID-19 pandemic.
- North Carolina
- April 14, 2020, Additional clarification on Chief Justice Beasley’s April 13th Judicial Order regarding the extension of time in bail bond forfeiture proceedings.
- April 14, 2020, Communication regarding the updated order by the North Carolina Chief Justice on bond forfeitures.
- April 13, 2020, This communication includes a Bulletin issued by the DOI in North Carolina regarding grace periods for premium payments during COVID-19 pandemic.
- April 2, 2020, Communication regarding the extension of the licensing deadline in NC 30 days to July 30, 2020.
- March 31, 2020, Communication from Tharrington Smith regarding their serving as Interim School Board Attorney for the Johnston County board of Education.
- March 29, 2020, Communication regarding a “Stay at Home” Order for all of North Carolina.
- March 26, 2020, Communication from the North Carolina Bail Agents Association regarding motions to set aside.
- March 25, 2020, Communication regarding “Essential Businesses and Operations” which includes bail bonds.
- March 24, 2020, Communication from NCBAA regarding Chief Justices response to COVID-19
- March 20, 2020, Communication from WS/FCS Attorney’s Office regarding Motions to Set Aside
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- June 30, 2020, Communication from the South Carolina Bail Agents Association regarding the registration of QPAs.
- May 26, 2020, Communication from SCBAA regarding an update on Continuing Education.
- April 1, 2020, Communication about how bail operations are Essential Businesses and can remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- March 31, 2020, Communication regarding a request for clarification of essential businesses in South Carolina.
- March 26, 2020, Communication with helpful COVID-19 related information and resources for South Carolina.
- March 24, 2020, Communication from Sumter County Solicitors Office regarding Estreatments
- March 17, 2020, Communication from SCBAA regarding cancellation of CE class
- March 25, 2020, Communication following up on Public Posting of “Stay at Home”
- March 24, 2020, Communication regarding Texas Bail Bonding being an Essential Service
- West Virginia
- YourCentralValley.com: Fresno County judge extends zero bail amid COVID-19 quarantine in Fresno jail
By Troy Pope, June 22, 2020
- SacBee: California’s largest state worker union accepts two furlough days in pay cut deal with Newsom
By Wes Venteicher, June 20, 2020
- KEYT 3: Santa Barbara County Superior Court orders zero dollar bail to remain in effect until further notice
By Jessica Brest, June 20, 2020
- NBC Los Angeles 4: LA Superior Court Extends $0 Bail Schedule Amid Pandemic
By City News Service, June 20, 2020
- NBC Bay Area: SF DA Criticizes Superior Court for Ending Zero-Bail Policy Amid Pandemic
By Bay City News staff, June 19, 2020
- CalMatters: Judicial Council should make changes to ‘$0 Bail’ policy to ensure justice for all
By Melinda Aiello, Guest Commentator, June 9, 2020
- Fox KTVU 2: Public defenders across country protest police brutality
By Staff, June 9, 2020
- SacBee: Judicial Council of California will vote to end coronavirus rules, including $0 bail
By Rosalio Ahumada, June 8, 2020
- Woodland Daily Democrat: More Woodland men facing new charges after zero bail releases
By Staff, June 9, 2020
- YourCentralValley.com: Teen burglary suspects who police say taunted them on social media arrested on new charges
By Dom McAndrew, June 5, 2020
- YourCentralValley.com: Arrested, released on $0 bail, arrested again after a second high-speed pursuit, deputies say
By Dom McAndrew, June 5, 2020
- MyNewsLA.com: Police Say Man Arrested With 28 Bags of Cocaine Hours After Release From Jail
By Staff, June 5, 2020
- California Globe: Seeking to Change How Bail and Criminal Justice Works, Advocates Have Turned the System on its Head
By Ken Good, May 28, 2020
- YahooNews (from LA Times): Editorial: No, criminals aren’t rampaging across California because of our zero-dollar bail policy
By LA Times Editorial Board, May 27, 2020
- Elk Grove Citizen: Controversial bail reform measure heading to Nov. ballot
By: Robyn Dobson and Brooke Uhlenhop, May 27, 2020
- KCRA3: Placer County: 27 of 108 inmates released under $0 bail rearrested
By Hope Miller, May 27, 2020
- CBS SF 5: ‘Zero Bail Fail’; Alameda County Suspect Jailed 4 Times Since March, Released Each Time
By Staff, May 27, 2020
- Mercury News: Feds charge East Bay men who were publicized after being released from jail due to $0 bail coronavirus policy
By Nate Gartrell, May 26, 2020
- Your Central Valley.com: Man arrested for DUI after high-speed chase gets out of jail in mere hours under California’s zero bail order
By Staff, May 25, 2020
- Woodland Daily Democrat: Woodland voters could help determine fate of cash bail
By Mark Paul and Regina Reddick, May 21, 2020
- SacBee: Thief tries to sell equipment back to store he stole it from the same day, CA cops say
By Brooke Wolford, May 21, 2020
- BakersfieldNow: Fresno man arrested and released 4 times in 6 weeks thanks to $0 bail policy
By Marie Edinger, May 20, 2020
- San Diego Union Tribune: Police: Crime-spree suspect avoided jail due to COVID-19 booking restrictions, then nearly killed someone
By David Hernandez, May 19, 2020
- KCRW: California officials turn to zero cash bail to reduce jail populations and COVID-19 contagion
By Steve Chiotakis, May 18, 2020
- KCRA3: Critics blast California’s $0 bail rule as risk to public safety
By Mike Luery, May 18, 2020
- CBS 13 Sacramento: Sheriff: Stolen U-Haul Recovered In Sutter County, Suspect Released From Custody Due To $0 Bail Order
By Staff, May 18, 2020
- YourCentralValley.com: ‘It goes to show what we’re dealing with’: Suspects praise their own $0 bail release on social media
By Angelica Lei Lani, May 18, 2020
- Woodland Daily Democrat: Yolo County DA’s Office reports 3 more freed prisoners are re-arrested
By Staff, May 16, 2020
- Patch.com: Man Steals Truck In Napa Minutes After Release From Jail: Police
By Maggie Fusek, May 16, 2020
- OC Register: Now is not the time for social justice experiments like $0 bail: Todd Spitzer
By Todd Spitzer, May 16, 2020
- ABC10 News: San Diego-area criminals going free under California’s zero-bail policy
By Lindsey Pena, May 14, 2020
- YourCentralValley.com: Suspect in massive identity ring bust released on $0 bail, Sheriff’s Office says
By Kirsten Mitchell, May 14, 2020
- Davis Vanguard: California’s Fourth District Court of Appeal Strikes Down on Misinterpretation of $0 Bail Schedule
By Linh Nguyen, May 4, 2020
- International Business Times: California’s COVID-19 Zero-Bail Policy Frees Same Man Thrice In A Single Day
By Jude Xerxes, May 4, 2020
- Calaveras Enterprise: Felon released under $0 bail rule on the run, ‘armed and dangerous’ according to sheriff
By Dakota Morlan, May 4, 2020
- FoxNews: California man arrested 3 times in a day, given citations and released due coronavirus restrictions
By Travis Fedschun, May 3, 2020
- ABC7 News: Glendora police arrest, release man 3 times in 1 day under new CA zero-bail policy
By ABC7 Staff, May 2, 2020
- Patch.com: Man Accused Of Livermore Sexual Assault Freed From Santa Rita
By Bay City News, May 2, 2020
- San Gabriel Valley Tribune: 2 L.A. County agencies report incidents of men suspected of re-offending because of zero-bail rules
By Jonah Valdez, May 2, 2020
- ABC7 News: Livermore mayor outraged after rape and kidnapping suspect released from Santa Rita Jail due to COVID-19 concerns
By Kris Reyes, May 2, 2020
- City Journal.org: Misplaced Benevolence – In Chicago and elsewhere, the bail-reform movement is putting the public at risk
By Rafael A. Mangual, May 4, 2020
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions whatsoever please do not hesitate to contact our offices at 800.935.2245 or via email at [email protected].